Sunday, January 9, 2011

Employee Spotlight: Ty Fitzpatrick

One of the things Whalebone Urban Surf is most excited about is bringing surf culture to Raleigh and how could we do that without having actual surfers working in the store!  Ty, a Hawaii native, has surfed all his life and brings a wealth of knowledge and passion for surfing to Whalebone.  We are so excited to have someone with his level of surfing experience and expertise as part of our team.  Below is a short interview with Ty so that everyone can get to know him a little better!



Name: Ty Fitzpatrick

Hometown: Town of Kapaa in Kaua'i, Hawaii

When did you first learn to surf?

TF:  I first learned to surf when I was around ten years old.  My friends and I found an old surfboard under my uncle's house and took it out to catch some waves.  After that first day I was instantly hooked on surfing.

Who is your favorite pro-surfer?

TF:  It would have to be "Duke".  He was from Hawaii and to many he is known as "the father of modern surfing."  He shaped the first surfboard that was ever seen in Australia which I think is pretty cool!

What is your all-time favorite surf spot?

TF:  Besides home I would have to say Bali.

What is your board of choice?

TF:  Definitely a 6'0 JS Fat Fish

What brought you to North Carolina?

TF:  I just wanted to see the world!

Random question.  What is your favorite food?

TF: Any fresh fish!

What is the thing you like most about working at Whalebone Urban Surf?

TF:  It is as close to being at the beach as I can get here without actually being at the beach!

LAST ONE!  What is the #1 item on your Whalebone Urban Surf wish list?

TF:   A Naish Stand Up Paddle Board

No comments:

Post a Comment