Thursday, August 18, 2011

Confessions of a Denim Snob....


My mom bought me my first pair of designer jeans when I was fifteen years old.  I remember she took me to Nordstrom and she let me pick any pair I wanted.  For me, it felt like a rite of passage.  Most girls my age dreamed of a new car, instead I was dreaming of perfectly stitched premium denim that fit like a glove.  They were a perfectly dyed pair of A-Pocket jeans by 7 For All Mankind.  My first taste of designer denim ruined me and ever since then I have spend an absurd amount of money on high end denim from brands including Paige, Citizen of Humanity, True Religion, J Brand and Joe's Jeans amongst others. I have always been attracted to the fit of these jeans, and no matter how amazing that fit is, I can no longer justify spending $200 on a pair of jeans.

Regardless of who you are or what you like to spend on denim, I have quickly realized through my many hours at Whalebone that everyone is seemingly always on the hunt for that "perfect" pair of jeans.  It is an elusive hunt for many to find the perfect combination of fit and price, especially in the current economy.

After personally trying on numerous pairs of jeans from the various surf brands that we carry, I realized that many of the styles we have a phenomenal fit and a high-end look that I seem to always be reaching for with designer denim.  My overall favorite jean we carry is Quiksilver's "Lorne Skinny Jean".  They have a 11 inch leg opening that make for a comfortable fit and they do not sit too low either.  They have a high-end hanger appeal without the high-end price tag at $78.


Some of my other favorites are:


  • Roxy "Skinny Slides" Jean.  $59.50



  • Element "Magic Sleeve" Straight Leg Jean.  $69.50.



  • Quiksilver "Shipley Straight" Jean.  $59.50.


Ladies and Gentleman, remember Whalebone the next time you are shopping for jeans.  We have a huge selection and our amazing sales staff is dedicated to finding you the perfect pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment