Saturday, August 20, 2011

Nothing Better than a Great Flannel

When I think of classic American style for some reason flannel always comes to mind.  There is something so comfortable and familiar about a great flannel shirt.  My first exposure to flannel came when I moved to Vail, Colorado, where I lived for two years.  I rarely went more than five minutes without seeing someone where a flannel button down.  Guys. girls, and children alike were seemingly obsessed with flannel.  My hasty observations caused me to quickly jump on the flannel bandwagon and I have been on it ever since.  Flannel is a huge part of surf culture and it is something that Whalebone has and always will do very well. I personally think EVERYONE should have at least one flannel shirt in their closets.  Dress it up or dress it down. Wear it with jeans. Wear it with khakis. Wear it over-sized with a belt and leggings. Wear it open over a dress with some ankle boots. Wear it with a blazer and trouser jeans. Wear it on a lazy Sunday when you are lounging on the couch. Wear it snowboarding. Wear it after the best surf session of your life.  Honestly I cannot think of any daily situation when wearing a flannel shirt, or any variation of the former, would not be appropriate.



Billabong "Stormy" Flannel.  $44.50

Flannel shirts are not just for men anymore either.  Many lines are coming out with their own unique take on the flannel shirt for the female customer.  Whether it is a flannel dress or an open front flannel cardigan, these brands know how to make flannel make sense while still be fashionable for the female shoppers out there. You better believe that this Fall you will find me strutting around Whalebone in a Billabong flannel with some skinny jeans and riding boots.  It is my go to look for Fall and it should be yours too!  Roxy makes an amazing flannel and they usually have really fun colors and styles.  I am loving Billabong's "Stormy Flannel" because it gives you the option to roll up and fasten the sleeves.  Quiksilver Girl has come out with probably my favorite flannel of the season.  The Quiksilver "Captain Flannel" has the perfect color combination and blue trim details makes for a unique look.

Quiksilver Girl "Captain Flannel".  $49.50


My absolute favorite way to wear a flannel is over-sized and accessorize it up.  Mary-Kate Olsen is sporting a look I love below in her flannel.



Ask yourself this question.  How do you like to wear your flannel? 

Think about it and let Whalebone know.  I am positive we have the perfect flannel for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment